It does not matter if you are traveling to London for a pleasure trip or for business; at some point you are going to be looking for something to do in the area of the city that you are staying. You may have some downtime while working or just have a day to explore the area and you want to know that there are places around that you can go to learn, explore and have fun. When you are staying in the Paddington district of London, there are many different things that you may want to see or do. While there is a lot of activity in the area, here are the top five things to do in London Paddington district so you can have fun:
- Kensington Gardens – One of the Royal Parks of London, Kensington Gardens were once part of the private gardens that belonged to Kensington Palace. The gardens are an excellent place for you to take a stroll through or rent a bike and use the bike paths so you can see the beautiful flowers and statues in the park.
- Hyde Park – The largest park area in London, Hyde Park has a great deal to offer and you can spend the entire day just walking through the various areas and extensions. With a history dating back nearly 500 years, the park features many cherished areas, statues and memorials. Make sure you take the time to take in the famous “upside down tree.”
- Regents Canal – The 8-mile long canal makes a fantastic area for quiet and contemplative strolls along the water and is breathtaking to walk along during sunsets in the spring and summer times of year. You can also take the time to take a lovely pleasure cruise up and down the canal or use the bike paths that many like to use to go through the area.
- Royal Albert Hall – There may be no greater venue to see a performance in London than Royal Albert Hall. Opened in 1851, the hall has stood as a premier venue in London for all kinds of concerts and shows throughout the year.
- Madame Tussauds – If you are looking for something different and fun, a visit to Madame Tussaud Wax Museum can be just what you need. You can see over 300 wax figures of historical, entertainment and fictional characters to delight and astound you. Kids and adults alike love walking through the different exhibits. Be ready to take plenty of pictures of all of your favorites.
There are many more great things to do in the Paddington area (make sure to look for the famous Paddington Bear!) so you may want to plan to spend several days in the area to see everything. When you are considering hotels in Paddington, you can make the best choice by staying at the Paddington Hotel London, a place where you will get comfortable accommodations and an affordable rate in a great spot in Central London.